Careers Data Controller
Allen Motor Group is looking to strengthen its Compliance functions with the introduction of a full time Data Controller.
Added: 30 January 2020
Allen Motor Group is looking to strengthen its Compliance functions with the introduction of a full time Data Controller. The Data Controller will be working closely with senior management and all departments within the business, developing and improving awareness of compliance with current data protection laws. The Data Controller will report to the Group Compliance Director, based at Allen Ford, Kettering.
Responsibilities would include:
· Accountability for ensuring compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws, including managing internal data protection activities.
· Cleansing of Allen Motor Group databases.
· Registration of the business with the Information Commissioners Office.
· First point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc.).
· Continue the development and management of the data protection framework, particularly to ensure compliance to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
· Working with Internal Audit, presenting key risks and mitigation management.
· Report risks and data breaches to senior management.
· Lead on the resolution of Data Protection complaints and Subject Access requests.
· Ensuring suitable training is in place for employees on data protection.
· Ensuring adequate control is in place over data destruction.
As a Data Controller your skills and experience will include:
· Knowledge of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
· Knowledge of the UK Data Protection Act and Privacy laws.
· CIPP certification(s) or equivalent would be required, training is available.
· Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the business.
· You will need to be well organised with strong attention to detail and be able to meet strict deadlines.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow all cookies". You can adjust your cookie settings at any time in your browser preferences. Find out more